Wednesday, June 04, 2014

it's official...

I am going to Israel!!! 

Exam results came out yesterday and,as I passed the year, I am now free to spend my summer holidays working in a kibbutz!
I decided that this was how I wanted to spend my last long summer of freedom over the Easter holidays. I got accepted in the program and my visa came through at the beginning of May-as those of you following me on instagram may have seen. And I started a pinterest board about Israel during my procrastination time.



However, I wanted to wait before telling everyone and putting it up on the blog because I am superstitious. With 2 exams to go and one assignment to be marked it wasn't granted I could go.

But, as I passed...Israel wait for me!

I waited to buy the guide until I was sure I could go...superstitious much?
I am beyond excited because this trip has been on my travel bucket list since I was 14. Volunteering in a kibbutz was the best way for me to stay and absorb a little of Israeli culture. Furthermore, there will be other volunteers from all over the world, which I am really looking forward to. I love talking with someone who has a different background and upbringing. I find the little differences in perspective- despite the interconnection of the modern world- utterly fascinating.

Have you got any plans for the summer?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment