Monday, September 17, 2012

The greatest adventure.

Here I am, in my bedroom, the very last night in my bedroom. In honour of my last moments in my home country I will write this post in Italian.

Eccomi qui, nella mia stanza, 12 ore alla partenza. Tra 12 ore uscirò dalla porta con i miei tre (sì tre!non viaggio leggera ;)) verso la più grande avventura della mia vita, verso il mio sogno.
Un anno fa, mi stavo preparando al primo test con entusiasmo ingenuo e pioneristico, non avrei mai scommesso con certezza che avrei potuto farcela. E quando ce l'ho fatta, non mi aspettavo che l'estate volasse via così in fretta, che il momento di partire arrivasse così, senza preavviso.

Ho salutato tutti, i miei compagni di coro ieri sera, a scuola questa mattina e stasera le mie compagne di atletica. Per fortuna sono riuscita a trattenere le lacrime, posso orgogliosamente dire di non avere pianto, non come alla fine dei 10 giorni ad Ocshenhausen, ma non riuscivo a staccarmi: ero lì, sul cancello del campo di atletica, di quel campo dove ho sudato, fatto fatica, sentito male ai muscoli fino a non poterne più per quasi ogni giorno negli ultimi quattro anni. Ma anche quel campo dove ho trovato delle amiche, dove c'era sempre un sorriso ad aspettarmi, una risata da dividere in compagnia. Anche oggi ci siamo salutate ridendo, senza lacrime, anche se in fondo eravamo un po' tristi.

Arrivederci Italia, arrivederci Varese, ci vediamo a dicembre, magari sotto una coltre di neve. Domani parto per la più grande avventura della mia vita.

Here I am, 12 hours to the departure. In 12 hours I will go out from the door with my three (yes, three! I am not travelling light;)) towards the greatest adventure of my life, towards my dream.
One year ago, I was preparing my first test with a pioneristic and naive enthusiasm, I wouldn't have never bet for sure that I could do that. And when I did it, I wasn't expecting that summer would fly away so fast, that the moment of the departure would come this sudden.
I said goodbye to everyone, my choir mates yesterday night, at school this morning and tonight my athletics team mates. Luckily I managed to hold tears back, I can proudly say that I didn't cry, not as I did after 10 days in Ochsenhausen, but I couldn't resolve to leave: I was standing there at the gate of the track, that track where I sweated, worked out, felt my muscles so sore that I couldn't stand it anymore, almost everyday in the last four years. But also that track where I found true friends, where there was always a smile waiting, a laugh to share. Today we parted laughing, too, without tears, even if, deep inside, we were a bit sad.

Goodbye Italy, goodbye Varese, I'll see you in December, maybe under a coat of snow. Tomorrow I leave for the greatest adventure of my life!




This is one of the most beautiful song in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment