Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Don't know why the afternoon of Christmas Eve seems a good moment to write a new post on this neglected blog, maybe just because it is taking ages to grill all those aubergines and courgettes for tonight dinner (yes my mum is keeping it healthy even at Christmas) :)

I have been home for a week now and I finally stopped loosing my keys around the house or bumping into every door at night. It's good to be back, to see everybody again, to share a good laugh with friends (and moments of slight hysteria before a 10x400 on Christmas Eve morning) as I have not left at all. But at the same time I miss Newcastle and all the wonderful people I met there.

The past three months were amazing, the most wonderful time of my life so far: after a rocky start, when I really thought I was never going to make it, things turned on the shiny bright side. I made really good friends, got on really well with my lovely flatmates, enjoyed my course (even the most gruesome bits of it, such as 9 am anatomy sessions :P) and a little bit of the Toon night life. kept up with my running and my singing. Last but not least (and maybe it should have been the first point on my list) I met someone who is really special and dear to my heart.
Everything has been so good and perfect and I am deeply grateful for that: it has been the best Christmas present ever, and it even came in advance!!! It is as if studying at Newcastle university was meant to be for me.

And this is the philosophical bottom line of this post ( you were all hoping I forgot, ha): if something is meant to be, it will happen, no matter what, and even if you don't look for it. This deep innovative thought comes from a quiet movie night with my sweet sister watching one of the most cheesy romantic comedies ever, "Serendipity. For the few boys/ romance allergic "Back to the Future" might do as well.





Finally...Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope tomorrow will be full of joy for all of you, I'll leave for our Christmas Eve dinner...and I will see you runners on Boxing Day, hitting the road to get rid of the extra food:P

Lots of love,

Non so come mai il pomeriggio della Vigilia di Natale sia diventato un buon momento per aggiornare questo trascuratissimo blog, forse perchè sto impiegando delle ere glaciali per grigliare tutte queste zucchine e melanzane (eh già, mia mamma ci tiene in salute anche a Natale ;))

Sono tornata da una settimana e ho finalmente smesso di perdere le chiavi in casa o di sbattere contro tutte le porte di notte. E' bello essere tornate, rivedere tutti, farsi quattro risate con gli amici (anche se lievemente isteriche prima dei 10x400m della mattina della Vigilia) come se non fossi mai partita. Ma allo stesso tempo mi manca Newcastle e tutte le persone meravigliose che ho incontrato là.

Gli ultimi tre mesi sono stati assolutamente spettacolari, uno dei periodi meravigliosi della mia vita finora: dopo un inizio un po' difficile, in cui ho veramente creduto che non ce l'avrei mai fatta, tutto si è aggiustato  benissimo. Ho trovato degli amici meravigliosi, sono andata d'accordo con i miei adorabili coiniquilini, amato ogni aspetto del mio corso (anche le parti più stomachevoli come il laboratorio di anatomia alle 9 :P) e anche un pochino della vita notturna di Newcastle. Ho corso e cantato. Ultimo, ma non meno importante (e forse si sarebbe meritato il primo posto in questa lista) ho incontrato qualcuno di veramente speciale e che ora mi sta molto a cuore.
Tutto è stato così bello e perfetto e sono profondamente grata per questo: è stato il migliore regalo di Natale di sempre ed è anche arrivato in anticipo!!! E' come se studiare a Newcastle fosse destino per me.

E questa è la morale filosofica di questo post (speravate che me ne fossi dimenticata eh? ;)): se qualcosa deve succedere, succederà per forza, anche se non vi sforzate per farla accadere. Questo pensiero profondo e innovativo sorge da una tranquilla serata film con la mia dolce sorellina, guardando una delle più sdolcinate e assurde commedie romantiche di sempre, "Serendipity". Per i pochi ragazzi/allergici alle romanticherie anche "Back to the Future" può andare :P

Per concludere...buon Natale a tutti!! Spero che domani sia pieno di gioia per tutti, vi lascio per il cenone della Vigilia e...vedrò voi runners in strada per Santo Stefano a smaltire il cibo in eccesso!

Tanto affetto,

Sara :)



No comments:

Post a Comment