Saturday, November 03, 2012

I am not freaking out, I promise!/ Stavolta non sclero, lo giuro!

"First exam in six weeks"....first exam on Monday: are you kidding me? Have I been there for a month and a half already? I can't really believe that, as days and weeks have been literally flying away  (good news for those people back at home, who are counting weeks: only 4 to go). And believe me, it has been an amazing time, far better than my expectations (didn't they tell you that reality is always better than expectations if looked from the right perspective?). My life turned completely upside down but for the better, with good peace of Seneca and all the ancient philosophy: changing the sky can actually change your life. And improve it dramatically.

As for me, I am getting quite nervous and a bit scared about facing the first challenge of the course: everyone keeps saying that it's not so important, that is more designed to help us understand how we are doing. 
I am deaf to all of this, I will be dead worried until results come out ( and I know that this will sound far too familiar to someone in the track field) but there's some good news, after all: this time I am not freaking out I promise!

"Il primo esame sarà tra 6 settimane."....primo esame lunedì: mi prendete in giro? Sono a Newcastle da un mese e mezzo? Non riesco a crederci, giorni e settimane sono volati in un batter d'occhio (buone notizie per chi a casa aveva deciso di contare le settimane, ne mancano solo 4). E' credetemi, ho passato momenti veramente meravigliosi, molto oltre le mie aspettative ( non sapevate che la vita vera è molto meglio delle aspettative, se guardata dalla giusta prospettiva?) La mia vita è cambiata radicalmente e in meglio, con buona pace di Seneca e di tutta la filosofia antica: cambiare il cielo può cambiare la tua vita. E migliorarla un sacco.

Per quel che mi riguarda, sono parecchio nervosa e un po' spaventata dalla prima prova del corso: tutti dicono che non conta, che serve più per farci capire dove dobbiamo migliorare che altro, etc...ma mi entra da un orecchio ed esce dall'altro: io mi preoccuperò da morire finchè non vedo i risultati (e so che questo suona fin troppo familiare a certe mie conoscenze al campo di atletica) ma ci sono buone notizie sul fronte occidentale: non sclero stavolta!

 Millenium Bridge!!
Sunset going home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment