Monday, January 20, 2014

Core workouts!

Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer nor have any qualifications. I devised this combination of exercises for myself and want to share them with you. 

I am not a big fan of core exercises or gym workouts. I find them boring and very hard to finish. Unfortunately, one of the best way to keep injury free for runners is to have a decent core.

So I have decided to keep my core strong by doing exercises after my runs and some kind of circuits on my rest days. I got ideas from everywhere, some from my mum, some from the book "How to Run" by Paula Radcliffe and some from Pinterest.

Rest days workout
-20 lunges (each leg)
-30 squats
-10 pushups
-40 Russian twists
-40 crunches
-20 calf raises without weights (each leg)
-15 glute kickbacks (each leg)
-1 minute plank
-30s side plank, each side
-40 sliding crunches


-15 sliding crunches  (each side)


x2

Post run core
-40 crunches
-20 oblique crunches (each side)
-40 sliding crunches
-15 oblique sliding crunches (each side)

Do you have a core routine you do? Tell me,I am looking for suggestions and improvements!

x2

No comments:

Post a Comment